Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bikram yoga, Day 1

I'm super uncomfortable with my body right now. Primarily due to a long weekend of drinking and eating in excess. (I'll write more about the wedding later). I happenned to see this in a blog and decided to try it. I'm on day 2. One good thing I can say about it so far is that I'm so full of water that I'm not as hungry.
  • Get 60 ounces of distilled or pure water and...
  • Add a tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice
  • Add 1 dandelion root tea bag 
  • Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • You Drink the 60 ounces every day for 7 days
  • This recipe works because it helps flush out excess water weight you have carrying around in your body and...
  • You could lose more than 5 pounds in 7 days depending on how much excess water weight you're carrying around.

Also, my friend has been doing Bikram yoga and she looks and feels great so I tried it for the second time last night. It was as bad as I remember, maybe a little worse. I sweat so freakin' much!!! And I had to sit out a lot of the standing poses. Anytime my head dipped down or back, I got dizzy and light headed. I was so soaking wet with sweat and so was my towel at the end. I looked pretty stupid but no pain, no gain. I'm pretty sure that if I stuck with it, I would lose the weight I want and possibly have better posture. Plus I did feel pretty good afterwards. The only problem was that the class ended at 10pm and I was wide awake after that.

So. I'm going back tonight. Wish me luck.

No comments: