Friday, July 1, 2011

Bikram #3 and Feather Locks

Did bikram's class #3 last night. First thing: I weighed myself before and after, and although it was a crappy scale with a small numbers that I couldn't read (not digital), the needle was definitely at a lower number after class. I lost 1 or 2 pounds in water weight in 90 minutes (yes!).

Also, it's still really really really hard. I tried (and succeeded) in doing more of the poses this time but there are still several that I can't do yet.  Mostly the ones involving placing my head back or down below my heart make me dizzy. I haven't gotten used to the heat yet. It's been at the hour and 15 minute mark that I really want to get the hell out of there because the heat becomes too much.

I didn't feel as great after this class as I did previously. Part of it had to do with the fact that I was already pretty tired before class. Afterwards, my arms and legs felt like jello and my whole body was tired. I didn't have any energy. I'm going to do one more class before my one week trial is over and then decide if I will sign up for more. Bikram's Kearny Mesa has a one month special for $90 but it goes up significantly after that and I won't be able to afford it. But at $15/class maybe I'll be able to go once a week...dunno...

Changing topics: Feather locks hair extensions.
Why are they so popular?

I personally won't be rocking any look endorsed by Steven Tyler but to each their own.
 I've been seeing them on girls everywhere so it's clearly "in" right now. But everytime I see them, I think they have a twig or something in their hair. And I want to pull it out for them. Ha!


No comments: