Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bedroom Blues

No. Not what you're thinking. I'm tired. Like really, really tired today. And cranky. Pretty cranky. I didn't sleep well last night or the last few nights. I'm having nightmares, I'm hot, I'm cold, I gotta pee, the dog is tap dancing on the hardwood floor and licking my face.  And for some reason I woke up with the realization that I hate my bedroom this morning. Let's just put it this way, one of my moving boxes from six months ago is still serving as my bedside table.

First, let's just talk about the dog. When she's waking me up, she doesn't totally fit in the space between either side of the bed and the wall, so her tail hits the wall as she's tap dancing, sticking her wet nose in my face and pawing me to get up. It sounds like this: thump thump thunck ticka ticka tap ticka tic tic thump thump thump ticka tick tickity tick thumpa thumpa thumpa whiiiiiiine whimper lick tic tic tic tic tickity tic thump thumck.

It works. She knows it.  I miss the days of having carpet in the bedroom. It was easier to ignore her.

Secondly, I hate my bedroom because of the whole no furniture but a cardboard box issue. I seriously can't get motivated to spend a thousand dollars on a bedroom set. Just even thinking about a bedroom set is bor-ring. Headboards, I find I can be mildly interested in, but dressers?? Nightstands?? No thanks. I'd rather watch the Desperate Housewives of Catatonic Drivel.

YUCK

No.

Meh.

Snooze


Don't absolutely hate it.

No comments: